American Barbell | Series 2 Commercial Grade Urethane Dumbbells
The Series II Dumbbell incorporates the same features found in our Series I Dumbbell, except the patented splined handle technology, has a black smooth surface urethane head, easy to read number increments in gray and a more affordable price point than Series I. This set of dumbbells has a solid steel core, high-strength steel hard chrome plated handle, and a premium-grade German urethane head. This set of dumbbells is also adjustable for wear.
Our premium urethane is super tough and is bonded to the steel core unlike the majority of dumbbells available today. Urethane will never dry rot and is odorless This dumbbell is also made to withstand severe training environments. One of the most durable dumbbells for sale on the market today!
Custom logo designs are available upon request.
Body Building / Strength Training
Straight Medium Knurl
Properly used, American Barbell exercise equipment will provide many years of enjoyment. We are confident you are buying some of the best products available and therefore we stand behind our products with the following warranties to cover any potential defects that may arise. By taking delivery of and using American Barbell products enclosed with this statement of Warranty and Limited Liability, you hereby agree to the terms and conditions of this statement of Warranty and Limited Liability, including, without limitation, the section regarding the submission to arbitration of any disputes and to the governing law provisions.
American Barbell Limited Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
Limited Warranty. - American Barbell LLC hereby warrants that:
- American Barbell products known as Olympic bars for weightlifting and bars for powerlifting shall be free from manufacturer defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of such products when used properly for their intended use. For purposes of this limited warranty, “lifetime” warranty coverage ends when the applicable product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material or design issues. This limited lifetime warranty applies only to the original customer/end user as long as the original customer/end user owns the product. This limited lifetime warranty is non-transferable. Limited lifetime warranty does NOT cover a bar's finish/coating. These items specifically are OB20-SS-NBCB, OB20-CH-NB, OB15-SS-NBCB, OB15-CH-NB, OB20-SS-IWF, OB20-CH-IWF, OB15-SS-IWF, OB15-CH-IWF, OB20-CA, OB15-CA Weightlifting Bars and their variants. OB20-SS-IPF-CB, OB20-SS-IPF, OB20-CH-IPF Powerlifting Bars and their variants.
- American Barbell warrants that American Barbell products known as training bars for weightlifting shall be free from manufacturer defects in material and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of delivery to end user. For purposes of this limited warranty, the 10-year warranty coverage could, and will end at that time prior to 10 years if the applicable product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects of workmanship or material. Limited warranty does NOT cover a bar's finish/coating. These items specifically are OB20-CH, OB20-B, OB20-B-DR, OB20-IPF, OB15-CH, OB15-B, OB15-B-DR, OB10-CH-IWF, ATB-5 Training Bars
- American Barbell warrants that all other American Barbell bars not specifically mentioned above shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of delivery to end user. For purposes of this limited warranty, the 1 year warranty coverage could, and will end at any time prior to 1 year if the applicable product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material. NOTE: The OB20-B-E Economy Training Bar is NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY against bending for any reason.
- American Barbell warrants that American Barbell products known as URETHANE Olympic weightlifting bumper plates shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of delivery to purchaser. For purposes of this limited warranty, the 3 year warranty coverage could, and will end at any time prior to 3 years if the applicable product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.
- American Barbell warrants that Rubber Series 1 Training bumper plates shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for two (2) years from the date of delivery to purchaser. For purposes of this limited warranty, the 2 year warranty coverage could, and will end at any time prior to 2 years if the applicable product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.
- American Barbell warrants that Rubber Training bumper plates not specifically mentioned above shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of delivery to purchaser. For purposes of this limited warranty, the 1 year warranty coverage could, and will end at any time prior to 1 year if the applicable product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.
- All Plates must be used properly on approved wood or rubber platforms or rubber floors with a minimum thickness of 12MM. Warranty is based on a prorated basis for time in service. Original customer is responsible for all shipping charges regarding replacements. 5KG, 10LB, and 15LB 450MM diameter discs are considered technique discs and should be limited to use with 5KG and 10KG training bars for technique training only. Dropping these plates with heavy bars will damage these and will not be covered under warranty. Hitechplates should also be limited to use with 5KG and 10KG Technique bars. Hitechplates are designed to be used for technique training only, and should NOT be used along with fractional/change plates, steel plates or larger bumper plates. This can accelerate wear and cause structural damage to the plate.
- In the event a 3rd party purchases and resells American Barbell products the warranty period will begin no later than 60 days after delivery to 3rd party purchaser.
- After a period of six months all warranty claims will be subject to a time pro-rated allowance, which consists of the pro-rated percentage of the total years covered. In all warranty claims or replacements, the Customer is responsible for any shipping charges.
- American Barbell obligations under the aforesaid warranties shall be discounting, repairing or replacing American Barbell products, which if properly used and maintained as outlined in the enclosed Proper Care and Maintenance insert, prove defective in material or workmanship. Such discount, repair or replacement shall be American Barbell’s sole obligation and buyer’s sole remedy hereunder and shall be conditioned upon (a) buyer’s inspection of defect, (b) American Barbell’s receipt of written notice of any alleged defect within fourteen (14) days after such or replaced pursuant to this warranty will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period. Upon American Barbell’s request, buyer shall promptly provide samples and other evidence of, and shall allow American Barbell’s representative access to the alleged defective products. Claiming an alleged defect does not relieve buyer of any of its payment obligation to American Barbell. Buyer must not return any alleged defective products without American Barbell’s prior written consent. Buyer agrees to reimburse American Barbell for all costs and expenses associated with any return of products unauthorized by American Barbell. Receipt of inspection of returned products by American Barbell shall not be deemed admission of any alleged defect.
- American Barbell warranty obligations listed above shall not apply to any part of products sold hereunder, which
- are consumed by normal wear and tear;
- have a normal lifetime inherently shorter than the herein stated warranty period; or
- have been damaged due to negligent of faulty use, alteration, maintenance, storage or handling by buyer.
- Any suggestions by American Barbells or American Barbell’s agents regarding use, application or suitability of products shall not be construed as an express warranty unless confirmed to be such in writing by American Barbell.
- THE WARRANTY EXPRESSED HEREIN SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABLITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OF LIABILITY ON AMERICAN BARBELL’S PART.
- ANY PRODUCTS WHICH BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES ARE OF LESS THAN AMERICAN BARBELL’S STANDARD QUALITY ARE SOLD “AS IS”.
- Except as otherwise agreed in writing, American Barbell’s liability with respect to products shall be limited to the warranty as provided above and shall be further limited to the purchase price.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, American Barbell shall not be subject to any other obligations or liabilities, whether arising out of breach of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence and strict liability), or other theories of law, with respect to products sold by American Barbell, or undertakings, acts or omissions relations thereto. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, under to circumstances will American Barbell be liable for any incidental or consequential dames, or for any other loss of business arising in connection with this agreement or with the use or liability to use American Barbell’s products furnished under this agreement. American Barbells sole liability and buyer’s sole remedy is limited to
- repair or replacement of defective products, or
- American Barbell’s option, discount of purchase price. The remedies set forth in this agreement shall apply even if such remedies fail their essential purpose.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing American Barbells specifically disclaims any liability for property of person injury damages, penalties, special or punitive damages, damages for lost profits or revenues, loss of fuse of the products or any associated equipment, cost of capital, cost of repairs to the precuts subject to American Barbell’s warranty preformed by person other than American Barbell without American Barbell’s written consent, cost of substitute products, facilities or services, down-time or slow-down costs or for any other types of economic loss, and for claims of buyer’s customers or any third party for any such damages. American Barbell disclaims any liability for any claim whether in contract or in tort, which arose more than one year prior to the initiation of arbitration or litigation by buyer against American Barbell.
- Buyer agrees to cause its customers and anybody in the chain of manufacturing supply and distribution including the end customer to by bound by limitations of liability substantially equal to those contained in this agreement.
American Barbell reserves the right to make changes in the design and/or materials without formal notice. Rubber products are not intended for use on concrete floors. Note: Rubber products should not be cleaned with detergent or acetone-based cleaners. Please clean rubber products with damp cloth only. The purchaser is solely responsible for proper use of all American Barbell products. Improper use may result in personal injury or death. At the time of purchase of any American Barbell product, the purchaser acknowledges awareness of the risk of personal injuries arising from the use of the product, and shall be solely liable for any personal injury/damages arising from its use.
(b) In no event will American Barbell be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any character whether in contract or tort;
(e) Before using the products, user shall determine the suitability of the product for his/her/its intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability in connection therewith.
Arbitration and Governing Law:
- All disputes a rising under this agreement shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in Paso Robles, California under current U.S. law. The parties may agree on the selection of a single arbitrator, but in the even that they cannot agree, each party shall select an arbitrator and the two selected arbitrator shall select a third arbitrator. The award by the arbitrator shall be final and judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Governing Law. The parities agree that this agreement, any sales there under, or any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contact, tort, or otherwise, whether pre-existing, present or future, and including statutory, common law and equitable claims) between American Barbell and buyer arising from or relation to this agreement, it is interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this agreement any related purchase shall be governed by the laws of the U.S., without regard to conflicts of law provisions.
Additional Product Warranties
American Barbell Solid Head Urethane Dumbbells/Fixed Barbells (Series I)
American Barbell Solid Head Urethane Dumbbells/Fixed Barbells (Series II)
American Barbell Urethane Olympic Grip Plates
American Barbell Solid Head Rubber Dumbbells/Fixed Barbells (Series III)
American Barbell Rubber Olympic Weightlifting Plates
American Barbell Aluminum Cable attachments
American Barbell Urethane Fractional plates (excluding wear & tear)
Small Size Bells/Hex Dumbbells
Import Cable attachments
Medicine, Slam and Wall Balls
Jump Ropes, Rubber Bands and Rubber Tubes, Foam Mats, Any wood products, Straps
Training (Battle) Ropes
Rack, Rig, and Steel Equipment
All rack, Rig and Steel Equipment - lifetime structural warranty against factory defects.
All moving parts - 3 years warranty against manufacturer defects.
Powder coat, Paint, and Upholstery - 90 day warranty against manufacturer defects.
All rack, rig, and steel equipment must be anchored to the floor or floor and wall if applicable.
All hardware must be properly tightened and assembly instructions adhered to. American Barbell does not accept responsibility for improperly assembled product or product where all hardware is not tightened or used.
NOTICE OF MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
Many products listed above will show signs of wear over time. All products must be visually inspected regularly for loose nuts or bolts, missing tamper proof cotter pins or any other wear situation. Any product that shows signs of missing or loosening parts, wear or any other irregularity must me pulled from service immediately until either repaired or replaced. Contact American Barbell for warranty assistance, technical support or replacement.
SPECIFIC PRODUCT GUIDELINES
Urethane and Rubber Products
Do not clean rubber or urethane products with detergent, acetone or solvent based cleaners. Do not place or store these products in direct sunlight or in damp and humid environments. These environments will contribute to product deterioration.
DO NOT drop dumbbells in any uncontrolled manner from any height exceeding 0.6M (24”). Inspect regularly for signs of damageand that heads are securely attached to handles. Damage from dropping is NOT covered under warranty. Chrome Handles should not contact metal surfaces on racks or other handles as Chrome can be damaged.
FIXED WEIGHT BARBELLS
Only store on racks approved by American Barbell and which the racks provide protection for the bars where they contact the rack. All metal catches will damage the bars and is NOT covered under warranty.
DO NOT use any workout bar that has loose, missing or broken parts. Contact American Barbell immediately for resolution options.
Olympic Weightlifting Plates
NON-Bumper plates are NOT to be dropped in any circumstance as the cast iron inner core may break. This is NOT covered under warranty.
Olympic Weightlifting Bars
The hard chrome plating used on American Barbell Olympic bars will resist chipping and peeling and is much safer than regular chrome. Any sign of visible rust must be removed immediately as rust can impair the structural integrity of the bar. This includes stainless steel bars. Store bars on approved racks only with workout bar protection features. Brush chalk out of knurl regularly with a stiff stainless steel wire brush as this can trap moisture and accelerate corrosion. In the case of Ceramic coated/black zinc bars use a stiff nylon brush instead.
DO NOT USE any workout bar that has loose, missing or broken parts. Contact American Barbell immediately for resolution options.
"Closeout" Barbells are all considered final sale and do not include a warranty.
Are not to be dropped in any circumstance.
DO NOT use if there any visible signs of wear or missing parts. Refer to specific warning documents that accompanied product and/or "safety page". Note: safety eye-bolts should rotate but not be overly-loose. Contact American Barbell for any additional questions or support.
Gymnastic Rings & Straps
Gymnastic Rings & Straps carry strict and specific safety warnings – for both set-up and use. DO NOT use if any parts are loose, worn or missing. DO NOT attempt any exercise where the user is upside down. This applies to ANY straps where the user is hanging (e.g., hanging Ab Straps). See specific warnings and maintenance requirements on individual sheet enclosed with your order.
Rubber Bands, Ropes, Straps or any other accessories
Need to be inspected daily for signs of wear. Note: Functional training Ropes are for ground use only. DO NOT hang or climb with it.
Safety & Product Care:
PROLOC™ collars should never be used to retain weights for overhead lifting, such as ‘tricep-extensions’ or ‘pull-overs’.
Furthermore, PROLOC™ collars are not designed to hold weight plates in a vertical orientation, where the full weight or the plates bears on the collar only. Do not ever rely on a barbell collar to secure weight above any part of yourself or another person.
A PROLOC™ collar thought to be defective, damaged, or not working properly, should NEVER be used as injury may occur. A PROLOC™ collar that is thought to be damaged should be removed from use immediately so that it cannot be used on fitness equipment. If any PROLOC™ fails under warranty, contact your place of purchase or PROLOC™email@example.com
Your PROLOC™ collars require no special maintenance or care. Although it is highly durable, it should be treated with care. You should not drop, throw or crush your PROLOC™ collars. Rough handling of PROLOC™ collars will void warranty, shorten their life, and can compromise user safety.
There is no warranty coverage any items labeled "closeout".
Placing an order with American Barbell, LLC confirms agreement to all warranty policy.