American Barbell's Performance Bearing Bar incorporates a host of proprietary features unlike any other on the market. It's with this technology our bars spin smoother as the weight gets heavier on the bar.
The bar shaft is made from precision ground alloy steel with a hard chrome coating. The strength of the shaft is tested with every shipment of raw material to ensure we have a consistent 190,000 PSI tensile strength. This attention to detail also allows for an excellent whip and long-term performance of our bars.
The bar sleeves are precision welded to eliminate failure. The weld is semi-concealed to not interfere with plates resting flush against the sleeve collar. Each sleeve is finished with a hard chrome coating for protection against dropping. It also contains American Barbell’s proprietary concealed bearing system with higher load ratings than any bar available. A dust and chalk seal is also installed to protect and maintain longer bearing life.
- IWF Specification
- Made in USA
- Incorporates American Barbell’s proprietary bearing technology
- Higher load capacity and smoother rotation with heavier weights
- Hard chrome coated sleeves to protect against dropping
- Moderate corrosion resistance
- Features a protective ring on inner collar side to keep chalk and dust from penetrating bearings
- Patent No: US D795,971 S
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime